PPS is an Armadeus System's baseboard for the APF27 module. It can be used to implement and securize network applications such as routers and gateways.
There are some network applications/features that are preselected in the PPS baseboard default configuration:
- Encryption / Security
- USB Ethernet gadget support
- USB RS232 gadget support
- SMSC USB to Ethernet Adapter
- Boa Web Server
- Wireless tools (for securized WiFi with WEP encryption)
- WPA supplicant (for securized WiFi with WPA/WPA2 encryption)
The APF27 PPS filesystem is configured to enable SSH connection from a host computer. It allows you to access a command terminal of the system through the Ethernet ports.
- The default connection informations are:
- IP address: 192.168.0.10
- Login: guest
- Password: armadeus
- Then you can connect to your system by running the following command on your host:
$ ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more details, refer to the SSH - Dropbear page in the Wiki.
Debug / Development interface
In order to gain access to the serial port of the APF27, a small adapter cable has to be done. A standard 2.54mm pin header connector (J5) allows accessing the TX and RX debug lines of the iMX27. The signals are compatible with a the RS232 standard so no level translator is required.
The pinout is described in the datasheet and summarized here:
- pin 1 (square pad): not connected
- pin 2: TX line (processor side)
- pin 3: RX line (processor side)
- pin 4: GND