On this page, you will find all the informations needed to use LCD on Armadeus.
- LCD can be used with i.MX LCD controller, ie direct connection between LCD & i.MX pins:
- Motorola A910 240x320 TFT
- Sharp TFT LQ 320x240
- Tianma STN Monochrome 320x240
- Ampire/xxx STN Monochrome 240x128
- LCD has a built-in controller with a parallel interface -> usage of i.MX LCD pins as GPIOs and emulation of a PC parallel port to reuse existing software
- LCD has a built-in controller with a serial interface (not tested yet)
Supported LCD / Software API
Which LCD controller are we going to support (for parallel port/GPIO interface)
Text: - HD 44780 (tested with GpioDriver driver (+ppdev emulation) and LCD4Linux - ?
Graphic: - KS0108 (Nico and Juju have one sample, not tested yet because LC4Linux don't support it) - ?
User space tools / library found to control // LCD
LCD4linux Cool but mainly to display system informations, not very customizable for user GUI
Lcdproc ?? (Not tested)
Other idea ??