Qsys USB BLASTER Jtag-avalon-MM
It's possible to access avalon-MM bus with an USB-Blaster connected to jtag. To do that a special ip-core must be instanciated in Qsys and a system console must be launched in Quartus.
In Qsys library, the component to instanciate is named JTAG to Avalon Master Bridge.
- Click twice on it to integrate it in your project then connect the clock and reset on the same signal than the avalon slave you want to access.
- Once done, plug the avalon interface «master» on the avalon slave interface you want to access.
- Generate the HDL files then synthesize all design.
Access avalon-MM registers
- Launch System console in Quartus :
tools -> System debugging tools -> system console
- Connect to USB-BLaster JTAG-avalon-MM instance :
% set masters [get_service_paths master] /devices/5CGXBC3B(6|7)|5CGXFC3B(6|7)@1#1-1.2.4/(link)/JTAG/jtag_phy_1.jtag/phy_1/master % set master [lindex $masters 0] /devices/5CGXBC3B(6|7)|5CGXFC3B(6|7)@1#1-1.2.4/(link)/JTAG/jtag_phy_1.jtag/phy_1/master % open_service master $master
- Write 32bits value
% master_write_32 $master 0x4 0xdeadbeef
- Read 32bits value
% master_read_32 $master 0x0 2