Jaume Figueras i Jové, I live in Terrassa, Catalonia, Spain and I'm 35 years old. I'm an associated professor at the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC) I have my degree in Computer Engineering since 1998. Now I'm trying to finish my PhD.
I began on 1996 with several scholarships aiding on microcontroller (Intel 196KD and several PICs) and digital electronics classes. When I finished my studies I began to teach: Robotics, Automation, Discrete Event Simulation, etc. Nowadays my classes focus on Discrete Event Simulation and Automation Projects and my students are of Electronic and Automatic Engineering and Industrial Management degrees.
In 2003 I began to work with a Logistic and Simulation Research group (LogiSIM) trying to optimise transport van movements in a metropolitan area (because 50% of transport movement in metropolitan areas are empty movements) this research lead to study on routin, then on maps and consumer cartography (TeleAtlas and ESRI), then on free maps (GMaps) and finally on open cartography (OpenStreetMap). All this knowledge, push me with another professor to create a free (not open at the moment) GPS traking system called tooPath. And now I'm extreemly interested on developing an Open Navigation Device. This interest made me join the Armadeus Project.
- Programming: Assembler (x88, x86, PIC, VAX), C, C++, C#, Java, PHP.
- Modelling: DEVS with Arena and Quest, Continuous with Matlab
- Learn EmbeddedLinux
- Develop an Open Navigation Device
FOSS and OpenData
- Member of OpenStreetMap comunity since 2008
- Member of the organizing team of the State of The Map Conference
- Developing several tools for mass-imports of cartography data to OpenStreetMap
- Linux user since my student days
- Integarte an Accelerometer
- GPS, Mapping and Map software
- Integarte a FM radio with RDS-TMC channel information