Flite: a small, fast run time synthesis engine
From Flite authors: "Flite (festival-lite) is a small, fast run-time synthesis engine developed at CMU and primarily designed for small embedded machines and/or large servers. Flite is designed as an alternative synthesis engine to Festival for voices built using the FestVox suite of voice building tools."
$ make menuconfig
Package Selection for the target ---> Audio libraries and applications --->
- Make sure your Audio Out is working. If not configure ALSA.
- Use command line tool:
# flite -t "Hello world"
- to list available voices:
# flite -lv Voices available: kal awb_time kal16 awb rms slt
- to use a different voice (here rms):
# flite -voice rms -t "You've got a new mail"
- to know more about flite command: http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/flite/doc/flite_7.html#SEC15
- Some voices are quite long to compute, even on APF27 (ARM9 @ 400Mhz); default one is ok but IIRC not very impressive compared to what I was doing with my 8Mhz Amiga 2000 ;-) (JulienB).