Doom clone derived from original ID Software sources and enhanced (SDL support, bugs correction...). Doom is the sequel of Wolfenstein.
It is working quite well on 8bpp framebuffers; for 16bpp one, a bug has to be corrected in i.MX framebuffer (ongoing).
PrBoom requires SDL, SDL_mixer & SDL_net and runs at full speed in 320x240 with only ~40% CPU usage in 8bpp mode.
- Launch Buildroot configuration:
$ make menuconfig
Target packages ---> ... Games ---> ... [*] PrBoom [*] shareware Doom WAD file
Activate PrBoom package and "shareware Doom WAD file" (it will autoselect SDL, SDL_mixer and SDL_net). Then, exit and save your config. Re-Build your rootfs:
APF9328 with only 8 MBytes of FLASH
As the generated rootfs is too big to be put on the 8MBytes APF9328 FLASH, there are 2 solutions:
armadeus/buildroot/build_armv4t/root/usr/games/prboom, armadeus/buildroot/project_build_armv4t/apf9328/root/usr/share/games/doom/prboom.wad and doom1.wad files should be in the same directory !!
Then cd in directory and launch the game:
- If you have a 320x240 display:
# /usr/games/prboom -width 320 -height 240 -nosound &
- If you want some sound be sure that ALSA is running, with OSS emulation loaded.
- To change screen depth (default 8 bits), ex:
- If SDL is complaining because it can't find any mouse (Unable to init SDL: Unable to open mouse) then, before launching the game, do:
# export SDL_NOMOUSE=1
- APF9328 LCD controller has difficulties to process all data when launching PrBoom in 480x272 mode (random black lines on screen). It's an hardware limitation so no fixes are scheduled.