SDL_Quake is a clone derived from original ID Software sources and enhanced (SDL support). Quake is the sequel of Doom.
It is working quite well on 8bpp framebuffers; for 16bpp one, a bug has to be corrected in i.MX framebuffer (ongoing).
Quake is integrated in Buildroot on latest GIT snapshots. It needs SDL, SDL_mixer & SDL_net. Video was taken on an APF27 with a LQO57 LCD. It has to be tested on APF9328.
- Launch Buildroot configuration:
$ make menuconfig
Package Selection for the target ---> Games ---> [*] Shareware Quake WAD/PAK file [*] sdlquake
- sdlquake and Shareware Quake WAD/PAK file packages activation will autoselect SDL, SDL_mixer and SDL_net.
- Then, exit and save your config. Re-Build your rootfs:
APF9328 (with 8/16 MBytes of FLASH)
As the generated rootfs is too big to be put on the APF9328 FLASH, there are 2 solutions:
# cd /usr/share/games/quake/
- If you have a 320x240 display or a small APF :-):
# sdlquake -winsize 320 240 -noudp
- If you have a 7" LCD and a big APF:
# sdlquake -winsize 640 480 -noudp
- If you want some sound be sure that ALSA is running, with OSS emulation loaded:
# modprobe snd-pcm-oss # modprobe snd-mixer-oss
- If SDL is complaining because it can't find any mouse (Unable to init SDL: Unable to open mouse) then connect one ;-), or before launching the game, do:
# export SDL_NOMOUSE=1
- Quake needs a mouse to be fully playable !
- APF9328 LCD controller will have difficulties to process all data when launching Quake on 480x272 LCD (random black lines on screen). It's an hardware limitation so no fixes are scheduled.